Summer 2019 VRE Shuttle Service
OmniRide’s VRE Shuttle Service
OmniRide will offer FREE shuttle service connecting residents with two nearby Virginia Railway Express (VRE) Stations during Metro’s summer shutdown. The shuttles will operate from May 28, 2019 until Metro reopens the six Blue and Yellow line stations that are scheduled to undergo major repairs. Reopening is currently anticipated to be Monday, September 9, 2019.
- The Dale City shuttle originates at the Dale City Commuter Lot and serves stops along Dale Boulevard before its destination at the Rippon VRE Station.
- The Lake Ridge shuttle originates at the Tackett’s Mill Commuter Lot, serves the Lake Ridge Commuter Lot and stops along Old Bridge Road before its destination at the Woodbridge VRE Station
- In the mornings, buses are timed to meet four VRE trains and in the afternoons and evenings, OmniRide shuttles will meet each VRE train at the Rippon and Woodbridge VRE stations. See the Dale City or Lake Ridge shuttle schedules for stops and times.
- Bus rides are FREE but regular VRE fares apply.
- No Service:
- On Independence Day holiday
- When VRE does not operate
- When OmniRide Express buses are operating on the Emergency Service Plan (ESP)
Rider Express Alerts
For up-to-the-minute bus service information, register for Rider Express email and text alerts.
Other Travel Options
OmniRide Express buses serve the Pentagon, Rosslyn-Ballston corridor, downtown DC and the Navy Yard from Park and Ride lots throughout the Prince William area. One of those routes may suit your needs. Potomac Mills Mall will expand the number of parking spaces available for commuters during the shutdown. The Commuter Lots page lists other lots served by OmniRide Express buses.
During the shutdown, Metro will operate replacement bus service along the affected train lines. Riders can continue to ride OmniRide’s Prince William Metro Express to Franconia-Springfield and transfer to a Metro or Fairfax Connector bus to complete your trip.
For more information about alternative travel options, visit the Metro Platform Improvement Project page.