OmniRide Recognizes Women in Leadership
March is Women’s History Month – a time to reflect on where we have been, celebrate historic accomplishments and acknowledge the strides that have and still are being made. Despite recent progress, public transit remains a male-dominated industry, so OmniRide is particularly proud of its strong female leadership. OmniRide’s Board of Commissioners and its leadership team, is comprised primarily of women. Keolis – OmniRide’s operations contractor – also has a female-led leadership team. OmniRide wants to recognize these women who have made an impact in the organization.
OmniRide Board – Executive Committee:
- Chair - The Honorable Margaret Angela Franklin (Prince William Board of County Supervisors, Woodbridge Magisterial District; Member VRE Operations Board)
- Vice Chair - The Honorable Jeanette Rishell (Mayor, City of Manassas Park)
- Secretary - The Honorable Pamela Sebesky (Vice Mayor, City of Manassas; Alternate VRE Operations Board)
- Treasurer - The Honorable Deborah Frazier (Spotsylvania Board of County Supervisors, Salem District; Alternate VRE Operations Board)
- At-Large - The Honorable Andrea Bailey (Vice Chair, Prince William Board of County Supervisors, Potomac Magisterial District; Member VRE Operations Board)
- At-Large - The Honorable Cindy Shelton (Vice Chair, Stafford County Board of Supervisors, Aquia District; Member VRE Operations Board)
- Joyce Embrey - Director of Finance & Administration
- Althea Evans - Director of Marketing
- Doris Lookabill - Director of Program Administration
- Betsy Massie - Director of Grants & Project Development
- Becky Merriner – Director of Human Resources
Keolis Leadership Team:
- Barbara Murdock – General Manager
- Carolyn Narh – Assistant General Manager
- Kristy Lockhart – Quality Assurance/Customer Service Manager
- Susan Pleau – Safety Manager
- Rodalyn Canlas - Finance Manager
- Carla McHale - Human Resources Manager
According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, “Since the founding of the United States, women have played an integral role in the development and advancement of transportation…Today, increasing numbers of women are making a critical difference in the safe and efficient movement of people and goods here and throughout the world. The Department of Transportation salutes these pioneers – past, present and still to come.”
Please join OmniRide in recognizing the contributions made by these and all women throughout the Prince William County, Manassas and Manassas Park communities. OmniRide thanks them for being role models for the next generations of women leaders.
To reach tomorrows transit riders, OmniRide’s youth outreach program offers age-appropriate presentations that introduce and promote the benefits of public transit and includes travel training. A portion of the presentation also exposes youth to careers in transit. To schedule a virtual presentation contact Alyssa Ludwiczak at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission (PRTC), operating as OmniRide, provides commuter and local bus services as well as ridesharing services in Prince William County, the City of Manassas and the City of Manassas Park. It also co-sponsors the Virginia Railway Express in partnership with the Northern Virginia Transportation Commission.