Mask Mandate for Transit Still in Place
Today Virginia Governor Ralph Northam announced the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions. However, OmniRide will continue with our current safety protocols until further notice. Per the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) mask mandate, which is still in effect until September 13, all OmniRide passengers are required to wear a face mask that MUST cover both the nose and mouth while awaiting, boarding, traveling on or disembarking any OmniRide bus and while in the Transit Center lobby. We also ask that passengers continue to follow the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) until further notice:
- Maintain social distancing
- Wash hands frequently
- Stay out of public if you have flu symptoms
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Do not ride the bus if you tested positive for COVID-19, are currently awaiting test results, or think you may have been exposed to someone who has the virus.
Additionally, OmniRide will continue with the following safety precautions:
- Upgraded Cleaning
- Promoting social distancing with designated seating, limiting the amount of passengers on the bus at a time.
- Operator Barriers
- FREE fare on Local and Metro Express services to minimize interactions between bus operators and riders and allow customers to board quickly and self-distance more effectively. (Commuters on OmniRide Express buses will continue paying fares and must use a SmarTrip card because OmniRide is not currently accepting cash fares or cash reloading of SmarTrip cards. Customers may purchase SmarTrip cards locally at Todos Supermarket and may reload their cards at Metro Station SmarTrip vending machines or online using a credit card. For assistance with SmarTrip issues, please visit our SmarTrip page.)
- Precautions at the Transit Center – We will continue to limit the number of people that may come into the lobby and we are not conducting any transactions.
More information contact Customer Service at 703-730-6664.
OmniRide wants to thank those workers who have essential roles in our region. You are our HEROES. We have been honored to serve you and our region during this crisis.