WMATA Blue Line Station Closings
Attention Prince William Metro Express Customers:
WMATA has notified OmniRide that two stations on the Blue Line will be closed Weekends, to include Fridays, now through mid-March 2021 for capital work:
- Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn St stations will be closed
- Free local shuttle buses will provide service between Franconia-Springfield, Van Dorn St and Eisenhower Ave stations.
- Free express shuttle buses will provide service between Franconia-Springfield and Pentagon stations.
- The shuttles will be in Bays C and D at the Franconia-Springfield Station. OmniRide is located in Bay B.
There will be no Blue Line service between Franconia-Springfield and King St-Old Town. Blue Line trains will operate between Huntington and Largo Town Center or customers can use the Yellow Line to travel between Virginia and DC.
The stations will also be closed for two weeks during the holidays (Dec. 20, 2020 – Jan. 3, 2021).
- PLEASE NOTE: Van Dorn Street – Pentagon - weekday rush hours only, 5 - 8:30 a.m. and 3 - 6:30 p.m.
- Riders traveling during the shutdown in the AM and PM during the weekdays can use these alternate commute options:
On New Year’s Day, Jan. 1, only the local shuttle to/from Eisenhower Avenue will operate. OmniRide buses will not operate on those holidays.
For more information contact Customer Service at 703-730-6664.