If You See Something, Say Something
Please take the time to become familiar with the information presented. It is the responsibility of all passengers to report indicators of potential violence and crime at OmniRide to an operator or security.
If you ever notice the following suspicious behavior and/or items, please notify your bus operator IMMEDIATELY.
- Passengers wearing clothing that is bulky and/or odd for the weather (Ex: wearing heavy clothing on a hot day)
- Passengers taking consecutive round trips on the same route
- Passengers exhibiting odd behavior
- Unattended items, especially those with exposed wiring, leaks, and strange smells.
- Suspicious carry-on items such as large backpacks, gym bags, and luggage weighing more than usual
**Please do not attempt to confront passengers or handle suspicious items. **
Preventing Crime at the Transit Center
Below is a list of tips to help you prevent crime at OmniRide. Trust your intuition! If it seems strange, it probably is! If you are ever concerned for your safety or the safety of others please notify security and/or the authorities:
Safety and Crime Prevention in and around the Transit Center:
- Be aware of someone paying unusual attention to the building beyond a casual or professional interest. This could include repeated observation of the building, taking notes, or asking questions about personnel and security.
- Take notice of unauthorized individuals trying to enter or exit secured areas. All individuals should enter the building through security.
Parking Lot Safety:
- Be aware of your surroundings. Don’t be pre-occupied while walking through the parking lot. For example, don’t be talking or scrolling on your phone.
- If you notice someone loitering around your car or another car, notify security.
- Never leave valuables unattended and unsecured in your car.
REMINDER: If you see something, say something!