OmniRide Title VI Policy
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, and national origin in programs and activities receiving federal financial assistance. To comply, OmniRide has adopted the policy and complaint process outlined below.
OmniRide is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in the conduct of its business, including its Title VI responsibilities – the delivery of equitable and accessible transportation services. OmniRide recognizes its responsibilities to the communities in which it operates and to the society it services. It is OmniRide's policy to utilize its best efforts to assure that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under its program of transit service delivery and related benefits.
Toward this end, OmniRide embraces the following policy tenets / program:
- No person or group of persons will be discriminated against with regard to fares, routing, scheduling or quality of transportation services that OmniRide furnishes, on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
- Frequency of service, age and quality of OmniRide vehicles assigned to routes and location of routes will not be determined on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
- The full and fair participation of all affected populations in transportation decision making shall be promoted.
- Disproportionately high adverse impacts of programs and activities on minority and low income populations shall be identified and addressed as appropriate.
- Meaningful access to programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency shall be ensured.
The responsibility for carrying out OmniRide's commitment to this program has been delegated to OmniRide's Executive Director by the Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission Board. Title VI staff is responsible for the day-to-day operations of this Program and will receive and investigate Title VI complaints which come through the complaint process. However, all directors, managers, supervisors, and employees share in the responsibility for making OmniRide's program a success.
Filing a Complaint with OmniRide
Any individual, group of individuals, or entity that believes they have been subjected to discrimination prohibited under Title VI and the related statutes may file a complaint with OmniRide. Here is the complaint form (including instructions) in English, and the complaint form (including instructions) in Spanish.
A written complaint must be filed within 180 days after the date of the alleged discrimination. All complaints should be signed and include contact information. For more information on OmniRide's non-discrimination obligations or to file a complaint, please contact:
Title VI Coordinator
Potomac and Rappahannock Transportation Commission
14700 Potomac Mills Road
Woodbridge, VA 22192